Friends of Mosholu Parkland's mission is to engage the Bedford Park and Norwood communities to garden, grow and develop fostering practices of environmental sustainability.
We strive to provide leadership that engages the Mosholu community to improve the green spaces along Mosholu Parkway for now and future generations. The Friends of Mosholu Parkland envisions a park, recreation center, and traffic system that:
- Develops a center of community life, bringing together the neighborhoods of Bedford and Norwood on Mosholu with public gardens and enhanced green spaces.
- Helps to restore a sense of community, well-being, and public safety.
- Preserves recreational opportunities, natural areas, and designated public spaces.
- Preserves a system of walkways, greenways, and trails that links residential homes to the park malls and enclaves.
- Encourages use by all ages.
- Supports designated areas with economic development opportunities in both the Norwood and Bedford Park communities.
- Provides enhanced scenic views for motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and park users.